In today’s world, paying attention to your skin becomes as important as you pay to your bank balance. Now, when it comes to skin, protecting it from sunburns tops the list of everyday skin care routine which most of the women out there skip or ignore or have lack of accurate information about.
Just having sunscreen in your skin-essentials is not enough but knowing about what sunscreen will suit your skin type is also important. This blog mainly focuses on top 10 best sunscreens which are extremely beneficial in protecting your skin from UVA and UVB rays. So, keep scrolling down the page.
1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 50+
When we think of investing in something, “value for money” is our main focus. This sunscreen from Neutrogena is a great deal when you want a product with quality but at an affordable price.
- Proven and tested directly by dermatologists
- SPF 50+ which means high protection against UVA UVB rays
- Effortless Matte finish
- Doesn’t feel greasy on skin
- No pore-clogging
- Suitable for all skin types
At times, protection-providing elements in sunscreens break down under harsh sun rays but helioplex technology retains those elements and provides broad-spectrum protection against the sun’s harsh UV rays as well as skin ageing.
2. Hawaiian Tropic AntiOxidant + Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
What if you get a product which works as 2 in 1 for your skin? If this happens, the idiom “cherry on top” would get satisfied.Hawaiian offers you one such lotion which not only protects your skin against extreme sunburns but also contributes in the repairing of your damaged skin cells due to its green tea extract antioxidant properties.
- SPF50,highlyeffective in providing UV protection.
- REEF- friendly
- Antioxidant properties heal damaged skin cells and prevent premature ageing.
- Non-greasy face whole day long
- Comes in two variants
- Suits all skin types
3. ISDIN Eryfotona Actinica Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
This sunscreen from ISDIN do wonders when it comes to saving the skin from getting damaged by long-term exposure to ultraviolet rays. Eryfotona is designed especially for protecting the skin from Actinic damage which is believed to form precancerous cells on the layers of the skin when exposed to sun continuously for a longer duration. The sunscreen doesn’t only have the good reviews of the customers but has been declared as the best sunscreen for the face by dermatologists. Having enriched in Vitamin E, it repairs the damaged skin.
- Broad spectrum technology
- Water resistant
- No white residue left behind
- Vitamin E enriched
- Protects against actinic damage
- Presence of 11% zinc oxide
- Suitable for all skin types
4. EltaMd UV Clear Broa d-Spectrum SPF 46
The fourth one in the list is from a dermatologist recommended brand, EltaMD. The sunscreen feels light and effortless on skin, prevents the skin from oil accumulation and most importantly, grants broad-spectrum protection. It has niacinamide which is believed to improve skin tone and prevent the skin from discoloration. Moreover, it has antioxidant properties and the potential to fight against the radicles which are linked with causing skin-ageing in young women.
- Contains zinc oxide
- Repairsthe damaged skin cells
- Skin-friendly, no sensitivity after its application on skin
- Free from a harmful chemical, PARABEN
- No blocking of pores
- Healthy for all skin types
5. Banana Boat Ultra Sport Lotion SPF 50
This liquid lotion from Banana Boat acts as your true companion when going to enjoy various outdoor activities. The main ingredients used while producing the lotion are avobenzone, octisalate, octocrylene and homosalate. It not only provides protection against sun but also absorbs perfectly into the skin, resulting in a smooth and clean finish. Due to its featherlight weight, it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. It leads to oil-free look, thanks to its high-absorbing quality. It is approved as effective by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- UV protection which lets you play longer in the sun.
- Featherlight weight
- Non-greasy texture
- Doesn’t irritate eyes
- Can be used by kids
- Water-resistant which is not less than a boon for water-sports enthusiasts.
- Suits all skin types
6. Sun Bum Moisturising Sunscreen Spray SPF 50
Sun Bum gives you a chance to protect your skin against harsh sunrays by spraying this moisturising sunscreen spray on your visible skin when moving out. The application of this spray will give your skin the benefits of Vitamin E along with sun protection and this Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant which prevents premature ageing by eradicating the free radicles linked with skin ageing damaging. Due to it water-resistant quality, you can enjoy swimming for complete 80 minutes without getting affected by the UV rays. Once applied, it gets dry within few milliseconds, giving you a perfect non-greasy look.
- Made with broad-spectrum technology
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Free from paraben
- Free from gluten
- Water-resistant (80 minutes)
- Acts as a moisturiser for dry skin.
- Can be used both by adults and children.
7. MDSolarSciences Mineral Moisture Defence SPF 50
The next one in the list is mineral moisture defence by the brand, MDSolarSciences which guarantees absolute safe protection against harmful UVA UVB rays. It has natural moisture locking ability and guards skin with the aid of Active Zinc Oxide present in it. Because of its lightweight and high-absorbing quality, it mixes with the skin perfectly without leaving a chance for those tiny white spots to stay on the skin.
And the best part about this sunscreen is that it is developed by a group of prominent dermatologists, keeping all the ingredients as natural as they could which not only is beneficial for your skin but for the environment also.
- The best sunscreen for your whole body, head to toes.
- Minerals present in it provides a healthy skin.
- UV protection reduces the risk of skin issues.
- Advantageous for gaining of an oil-free look.
- Suits even the most sensitive skin.
8. Coppertone Pure and Simple SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion
For all those, who love the addition of natural herbs in their skin-essentials, this pure and simple sunscreen lotion by Coppertone is a must buy. Along with herbs, the minerals present it in provides 100% protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays. Being completely natural, this lotion is a complete blessing to people having allergy-prone skin. Application of the lotion on the face doesn’t lead to tears in the eyes as most of the sunscreen with extreme chemicals do. Furthermore, Coppertone is the most trusted brand when it comes to producing all natural products.
- Acts as a shield against UVA/UVB rays due to the presence of Zinc Oxide.
9. Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen Mineral Lotion SPF 50
As the name suggests, the lotion is botanical which means it is obtained naturally by the plants. The ingredients added in it makes it the most powerful lotion for providing protection against the sun. Not just this, its non-chemical properties cause no harm to the face when applied and can be applied as a protection prior to the application of cosmetics on to the face. Apart from providing UV protection, it nourishes and lightens the skin. It absorbs so well in the skin that it gives a clean texture despite a white-powdery texture which appears unpleasant on seeing.
- Formed with the goodness of native Australian plants.
- Saves the skin against harsh UV rays
- Hypoallergenic, excellent for all skin types
- Toned texture
- Dermatologist proved and tested
- Free from Oxybenzone
10. Colorescience Sunforgettable Total Protection SPF 50 Body Shield
Another master piece in the list of skin saviours from sun is manufactured by the brand Colorescience. It works effectively as well as efficiently in the prevention of the skin from all those cruel sunburns. Accompanying UV protection, it provides protection against infrared radiation also. It forbids the deposit of toxic substances on the face which is the result of the increased pollution these days which in turn keeps the skin healthy and clear. Again, it doesn’t leave behind any white residue once applied, giving a matte finish touch to the skin. It has skin hydrating properties which keep skin hydrated for up to 12 hours. It is available in main three forms which are – creams, gels and lotions.
- Guards skin against UV rays, blue light and infrared radiation.
- Provides protection against pollution.
- It has skin-moisturising elements in company with skin-hydrating properties.
- Sensitive skin friendly
- Rich in antioxidants
We hope this article has been helpful for making you people understand the essentiality of using sunscreen on all the visible parts of your skin when moving out in harsh sun. Sunscreens not only protects your skin against UV rays coming out of the sun but they also provide other necessary benefits for the well-being of your skin. Every sunscreen mentioned in the above list makes up to a healthy option to choose. So, don’t delay and invest in a good sunscreen.